Translate

Sunday 3 February 2013

Steers Who Write Pitch Perfect Poems

Hey everyone! So this week has been somewhat normal haha so this post may be a bit shorter than usual, and then again it may not. We shall see! (by the way, I know the name of this post is lame but I couldn't think of anything else)

   So yesterday I began breaking my 4-H steer. For all you city folk who may not know what 4-H is, it is a non-profit organisation that allows children and adults (12-25)  to experience how to look after a steer (castrated male cow) while aiming for it to gain weight. At the end of the program you sell the animal to a butcher. Some feel it may be cruel to allow children to keep these animals as pets then force them to be sold for meat. But the real meaning behind it is to teach them responsibility, understanding of the cattle industry and help them to see if they want to do something similar for a career. You may also have a cow-calf project or heifer project. There is also 4-H for many other things such as seeing-eye dogs, raising cattle dogs, rabbits, horses, sheep and I believe also llamas. (For More Information, Click Here >>> http://www.4-h-canada.ca/core/)

   So I put a halter on my calf (this has not been the first time as he was a bottle-fed) and he has been testing me! Basically, when I try to pull this 700 lb animal in my direction, he just stands there until he gets tired of have pressure on his face. Some may assume it is very difficult but I beg to differ. It is hard work but as long as you always win, the animal settles down quickly. However, if you ever try this, the smaller and younger the animal the better. One, they are not as heavy so it is not as hard to pull and when they are young they are just as impressionable as a child. :) There will be more information as I continue working.

    What else is new.... My school is starting a choral club! (i think I may have already said so) but I am super excited!!! it starts on Thursday!! lol I love to sing, I don't know if I am any good though...   I have actually been working on my voice a bit lately starting on Friday. I went on Youtube and found a man called Eric Arceneaux. I really like the exercises he gives in his videos and on his website he gives a free assessment on some concerns you may have with your voice. I think in the last couple of days my voice has slightly improved just following some videos and doing some exercises. Check him out!

So I have some poems I would like to put up and a movie I would also love to share so Here Goes!!

Never Fear

What to do when the sun shines through,
And no more you have the rain,
Would you hide in fear of a sunburn,
Or darken into a lovely, crisp shade?
 
 
 




 

Strength of Australia
Warm like the desert Sun
Your smile keeps on shining
Though pain and suffering has been your cause
You see the silver lining
 
 
 Pitch Perfect
 
This movie is about a college student who joins an acapella group and struggles to help them win in the championship. However, clashes with some personality with the group and a growing romance with the "enemy". It is very humorous and kept me entertained through out the whole show! I have become somewhat addicted to it and I watch it every other day or so. I also have a huge "movie star" crush on the male protagonist :P Greatest Show EVER!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm just going to comment in order: the cow steering sounds cool, I wish I grew up on a farm. Choral club is awesome, I'm in choir at my school and it's really fun so it should be fun for you too. And the poems are really good, too. I really wanted to see Pitch Perfect when it came out but I still haven't seen it yet, Fat Amy was hilarious in the trailers! And thanks for joining my blog. I know this is a lot of writing but there's so much to say =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there :) just a quick correction. The term is not cow steering, a steer is a bull whose testicles have been removed so instead of being called a cow he is called a steer :) I didn't really grow up on a farm but the 2 years I have been out here have been great :D I will blog about Choral club shortly! Thanks for the compliment on my poems :) I am always open to criticism! So if you have suggestions, Please share! Fat Amy is hilarious throughout the whole movie :DD anyways don't worry about the comments because I really don't mind how long they are!

      Delete